Full Service Repair Facility
- We offer a full range of repair services for stringed instruments and amplifiers.
- Authorized Taylor Silver repair Facility
- Authorized Fender Repair Facility.
- Authorized Ibanez Repair Facility
- Simple string changes, fret dressing, re-frets, neck sets,
- From Full restoration to just tube replacement and much more…
Basic and Advance Tune Ups
Let’s face it, Michigan has four beautiful seasons. The bad news is it can wreak havoc on your stringed instrument. Temperature and humidity changes can alter the way your instrument plays and expanding and contracting wood can alter your fretted instrument. We can get your instrument in and out of our shop quickly, so you can make it to your next gig. Our advanced tune ups include the following:
- Action adjustment
- truss rod adjustment
- Nut slot adjustments
- Intonation calibration
- Adjusting neck angle
- Cleaning electronic components
- Cleaning frets and fret board
- Oiling fret board
- Cleaning/polishing guitar
ELECTRONICS UPGRADES AND CUSTOMIZATIONS
- Electronic modifications on all stringed instruments
- Pickup installation
- Wiring customization
- Personalized upgrades and modifications
This 1921 Gibson came to us in pieces. It had been upstairs in an attic for years. It was severely dehydrated and the back was in three pieces.
We needed to re-glue and add a thin slice of wood for expansion. The majority of the back had to be re-glued to the kerfing and sides. The first three frets of the fret board were replaced along with an unknown light-colored wood species. This was removed and replaced with Rosewood from that era. The fret board was leveled, and new frets installed.
The whole guitar had been stripped at some point but we were able to soften and spread out some of the remaining original finish.
This was an exciting guitar to work on. It was almost thrown away, but we brought it back to life. Now the owner is enjoying his fully restored guitar that his grandfather played.